I help clergywomen under age 45 come up with creative strategies for personal and professional growth. I offer the safe space for vulnerability and reflection that is needed for making changes but is often hard to come by elsewhere. I affirm the experience, wisdom, efforts, and ingenuity of coachees, and I gently challenge coachees to look at these resources in new ways to get traction for forward movement.
Here’s what coaching looks like: I ask focused questions to allow the person being coached to clarify a goal, explore options and obstacles, and identify action items. When needed, I encourage coachees to name ways of holding themselves accountable to the strategies they create.
Here are some of the goals that my coachees have worked toward:
- identifying needs for further skill development
- widening the view of available resources
- owning pastoral identity
- leading groups or processes
- visioning or reinvigorating ministries
- taking fruitful ministries to the next level
- discerning next vocational steps
- navigating the search & call process
- leaving and starting new calls well
- dealing with conflict
- working within ongoing difficult dynamics
- balancing vocation and personal life
Coaching sessions typically last one hour each and take place by conference call, Skype, or Google Hangout. Six- and ten-session coaching packages are available, with sessions spaced one week to one month apart. Click here for pre-outlined, customizable packages and here for a la carte coaching services.
The hourly fee scale is as follows:
- Base rate = $125.
- Members and alumnae of The Young Clergy Women Project = $75.
- Seminary students, seminary graduates awaiting first call, and ministers between calls = $35.
Rates are negotiable based on ability to pay.
Click here to schedule a free 45-minute call. We’ll talk about the outcomes you seek and the ways coaching can help you obtain them.